Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Rick Najera -- "Captured by Feministas" and "You Know How to Whistle, Dont You?"

#1. What genre is each play? Explain why?
  • Capture by Feminstas= Tragicomedy, Because its funny and at the end Alegandro is dead.
  • You Know How to Whistle, Dont You? = Melodrama
#2. How does his choice of diction affect your reading of the plays? "Be specific in your response. Use examples as support.
"Well, you bitches finally got me!" The use of words show that he is angry man.
"Go ahead, shoot me" In the beginning he doesnt care. Then later, " Oh please dont kill me." He became coward.

#3. What is the theme for each play?
1) In "Captured by Feminstas" This theme is more obvious. Words are easy to understand.

2) In "You Know How..." This Theme is less obvious. There no real point. So I dont understand.

#4. Alejandro is the Anatagonist.
All the women are protagonist because that the main character of the story.

#5. What is your opinion of each play?

1) In the first story, if someone give me a chance, I will get it.

2) I dont like the second story because that is not easy to understand.

1 comment:

  1. Good job, but some of your responses needed further explanation.

    Grade = 8/10

    ReplyDelete